Volunteers are a crucial element to the Community Hospice team, bringing an extra layer of care and support to our patients and their loved ones.
We are actively seeking compassionate, caring and dedicated volunteers to offer:
DIRECT patient and family support
- Visiting, talking, reading, playing music and games with patient
- Visiting in homes or in ones of the Assisted Living Facilities (your choice)
- Providing respite for family members by sitting with the patient, running errands, assisting with shopping,
- Veteran-to-Veteran Program support to Veteran hospice patients
- Petals of Love flower delivery program
INDIRECT patient and family support
- Administrative work in hospice office such as preparing mailings, holiday cards, admit packets, etc.
- Providing bereavement support, community outreach, phone calls, etc.
- Assisting with arts and crafts projects, events at Senior Centers, etc.
As you can see, there are many ways in which volunteers lend their time and effort to our organization. Volunteers can choose which part of our geographical area they would like to concentrate on and are offered flexible choices in scheduling and the amount of time they wish to volunteer.
Note: Volunteers are not expected to assist with personal care (bathing, toileting, dressing, administering medications, etc.).
To be part of the Community Hospice volunteer team, please fill out the following and submit the following form. Please note that this application must be submitted in its entirety and may not be save for future completion.
If you are interested please fill out the form below or call us at (251) 943-5015.Download Reference Verification Form